photo 150FB.png photo 150G.png  photo 150Twit.png  photo 150DA.png

August 19, 2010

A New Begining

My name is Krystal, and I'm going to be a Junior this this year in High school. I am an aspiring artist searching for a firm foothold in the world of art. I've achieved several ribbons for my artwork for submissions to the Oregon Humane society "Be kind to animals" poster contest over the course of three years. I've won prizes from various school art contests as well as state-wide contests, and have had my artwork published in our school newspaper and school annual as well as in a calendar supporting gambling awareness. Although I'm self-taught, my parents encouraged me to take various art classes in order to extend my artistic education, a suggestion that at one point led me to taking notes from a variety of talented artists including local artist Veralyn and modern artist Sam Guerrero. Inspiration has many names. My favorite artists I draw inspiration from include comics artist Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, and graphic novelist and storybook author and illustrator Shaun Tan, among others. Currently I live with my two sisters, baby brother, and parents. My most recent projects include everything from celebrity portraits, minute fantasy illustrations, and vivid comic pages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Translate

Looking for Something?