photo 150FB.png photo 150G.png  photo 150Twit.png  photo 150DA.png

April 1, 2012

Hershey The Cat


If you're not one of those singular individuals lucky enough to be christened "geek," "nerd," or "obscenely obsessed fan of a dying franchise (i.e. Sonic the Hedgehog)," you likely don't recognize this character.

 Hershey the Cat is the name of this somewhat obscure character, who appears firstly and foremost in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series. Apparently fanart of this particular character is somewhat scarce compared to others on deviantart; within days of its publication multiple deviants wanted permission to add this picture to their sonic fanart galleries and group albums, which I willingly obliged to.

This digital illustration was actually completed just after the Espio the Chameleon illustration, yet was left unpublished on Graphite butterflies. To be quite honest, I felt that my art blog had endured enough stress from one piece of fanart to the next, to earn itself a much deserved break. Seeing this as the case, I posted this image on deviantart instead, where the art of the "obscenely obsessed," to coin my own phrase, are warmly welcomed and zealously encouraged. 

I came to the understanding after much deliberation and contemplation and  hesitation and whatnot, that art, is art. If this is what I have been working on, and I created it with my own two hands, then this is an artistic experience and instance that not only exists but that I can learn from. I'll be the first to admit that this digital artwork turned out much better than its reptilian predecessor.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Translate

Looking for Something?