photo 150FB.png photo 150G.png  photo 150Twit.png  photo 150DA.png

February 2, 2011

Sometimes words aren't enough...

What I mean by the title of this post is that sometimes words just can't explain what it is you want to say. We all reach a point in our lives where we do something or say something that seems careless or stupid at a later point in time. However, when I had conceived the idea for this sketch, it was not one of those times. I have logical reasoning behind this peculiar drawing as well as a simple story.

The character pictured below is named "Rock Lee"- he's one of many ninja in Masashi Kishimoto's manga Naruto, which is also a well-known anime series. A good friend of mine, who was in my art class last semester, loathes this character's eccentric oddities with an intense passion. So, as a joke, I drew this picture of him (attempting to make him appear as ultra feminine and bizarre as possible) and gave it to her and told her she had to put it in her school binder. Having a sense of humor, she accepted.

I photographed this for my electronic portfolio presentation (aka spiffy powerpoint) that was required as a final for my art class. The only medium I used was a regular medium two pencil on lined notebook paper. Actually, to be honest, I'm not even sure what type of pencil exactly it was. It was white with an interesting motif consisting of black and gray paisley reminiscent swirls.

1 comments:

Seth_Van said...

Awesome drawing Krys!

Post a Comment

 

Translate

Looking for Something?